- Buy fewer clothes.
- Avoid clothing brands that have been known to use sweatshops.
- Have a clothing swap with your friends.
- Purchase at least some items from up-and-coming fair trade brands and makers of organic cotton and natural fiber clothing.
Websites that sell Green Clothing
For a full list of green clothing sources, visit http://www.ecomall.com/biz/clothing.htm
Local Thrift and Consignment Stores
- The Garment District (200 Broadway, Cambridge)
- Raspberry Beret (1704 Mass Ave)
- Oona‘s (1210 Mass Ave)
- Boutique Fabulous (1309 Cambridge St)
- Goodwill (520 Mass Ave)
- Buckaroo‘s Mercantile (5 Brookline St, Central Square)
- Poor Little Rich Girl (121 Hampshire St)
- Vintage Revenge (1105 Mass Ave)
- The Salvation Army (402 Mass Ave)
- Second Time Around (176 Newbury St)
- The Closet (175 Newbury St)
- Rescue (297 Newbury St)
- Karma Designer Consignment Boutique (26 Prince St)
- Bobby from Boston (19 Thayer St)
- Goodwill (Davis Square)
- Buffalo Exchange (Davis Square)
- La Chic Boutique (Davis Square)
- Found (Davis Square)
- Artifaktori (Davis Square
- The Salvation Army (483 Broadway)
- Eddigan’s (416 Salem St)
- The Grafton Thrift Shop (71 Main St, South Grafton)
- Treasures Thrift Store (82 Worcester St)